Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My insight g1 ABS system sometimes acts weird. At very slow speeds (and I think also only in corners) gives a typical ABS rattling feeling in the pedal and noise when braking very slowly. Typically it only happens when I arrive somewhere and turn an brake into the parking lot.

Done already: Wheelspeedsensors front wheel cleaned, connectors on abs modulator checked, front brake pads + rear brakes lines + brake oil has been renewed recentlly (problem occured before as well).

One of the previous owner had a impact on the right front side, so I suspect it has something with the abs unit (since it's in the right front side as well). Does this sound familiar to anyone? What to replace next?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Typically it only happens when I arrive somewhere and turn an brake into the parking lot.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Perfectly normal. The Insight has a very active ABS system. It does not take much to set it off, even at low speed. No way to adjust it short of burning a new firmware into the ABS control module. So your going to have to either disable the ABS or live with it. Sorry.

·
Registered
458 Posts
What's more annoying is that for me, ABS kills regen, so I might hit a bump while using regen and I lose it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts