Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I drove from Olympia WA to Seattle (140 Miles round Trip) and I averaged 50.8 MPG. We have a 2019 Insight Touring model.

The traffic was heavy, both ways. I was in a lot of stop and go traffic. The Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) operated very well. However, I keep wondering how the Brake lights work when I slow down. There is no indicator on the dashboard that tells what the Brake lights are doing.

This is in contrast with our 2017 Suburu Outback that has brake light indicators on the dashboard.

Does anyone know how the brake lights work in connection to ACC operations. When I slow down slowly does the brake lights come on? When I have to come to a quick stop, I hope the Brake lights come on to warn the person following me.

When I come up at full speed onto slow traffic, can I trust ACC to slow me down? Ir seems to have been programmed to provide a gradual slow down.

Any thoughts?

Are there rules of thumb for how the ACC Brake Lights behavior and ACC in stop and go traffic?

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Maybe get a friend to follow you and do the different scenerios and watch for the lights and then get back to the Insighters here with that information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've actually wondered the same thing and suspect the brake light is engaging during those times. It would be a huge safety problem if it wasn't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts