Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2019 Insight and afterward purchased and installed myself the door illumination kit and the footwell illumination kit. I was very careful to follow all the directions, but although the kit LED lights work, the brightness does not vary with the dimmer dial as the installation instructions indicate they should: "Check that the ambient light brightness varies along with the instrument panel brightness by turning the brightness control knob." Mine don't vary, although I've checked and re-checked the installation especially at the fuse box.

I've also noticed at night time that the following button lights are illuminated but do NOT vary with the dimmer dial:
1. The climate control system buttons
2. Trip Button and Brightness Control Knob
3. Left dash button cluster Vehicle Stability Assist VSA, Fuel Fill Door Release Button, and Safety Support Switch
4. Center console transmission selector lighting

I frankly don't remember if these buttons varied before I installed the lighting kits; do they on your Insight? I'm trying to figure out if by installing the kits I somehow disconnected these lights from the brightness control knob. Any ideas or thoughts? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
7,945 Posts
Welcome to IC. Nice to see another Richmonder here. If you click the three dots in the top right, you will see a button marked "Forum Listing." You will see that there are individual forum sections for the Gen1, Gen2, and Gen 3. It is always advantageous to post in "your" section. Some folks only follow "their" interest sestion, so you have a better chance of connecting with other like minds by using your section. Mods read everything, so we frequently move stuff to appropriate sections. I think you will find the site very helpful. Our Gen 3 section started out small, but it is growing nicely.

The Gen3 is a beautiful car. I toyed with the idea of buying one, but I have a 2013 Gen3 Civic Hybrid, which is entirely adequate to my needs, so purchase of a new car didn't seem justified. The Gen3 Civic Hybrid, or HCH as we call them here, has the Lithium battery so it isn't the PITA that the Gen2 HCH was.

I'm not much help on the lighting question I'm afraid. The HCH Gen3 controls all electrical features via a CANBus iirc. I'm wondering if your kit somehow plugs into the CANBus, or if you just spliced some power wires??

Welcome again:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts