Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife hit a 17 YO girl who ran out in front of her! The girl was badly injured but is alive and has recovered. The 2014 Insight had significant damage- dented hood and dent on top of car, dented driver door and broke off left mirror, smashed the windshield and scuffed up the dashboard. When I arrived, the police had her in custody but immediately told me there were plenty of witnesses who saw her run out in front of her and not too worry. The police said she was required to go to hospital and draw blood even though they are not giving her sobriety test and have no reason to suspect her of any wrong doing, including speeding. They would not allow me to go to hospital with her which really upset me because she was still shaken up over hitting someone. After the car was fixed, I asked her if she wanted to trade it in now and she said she would still keep it, but the scuffed up dash is a constant reminder.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife hit a 17 YO girl who ran out in front of her! The girl was badly injured but is alive and has recovered. The 2014 Insight had significant damage- dented hood and dent on top of car, dented driver door and broke off left mirror, smashed the windshield and scuffed up the dashboard. When I arrived, the police had her in custody but immediately told me there were plenty of witnesses who saw her run out in front of her and not too worry. The police said she was required to go to hospital and draw blood even though they are not giving her sobriety test and have no reason to suspect her of any wrong doing, including speeding. They would not allow me to go to hospital with her which really upset me because she was still shaken up over hitting someone. After the car was fixed, I asked her if she wanted to trade it in now and she said she would still keep it, but the scuffed up dash is a constant reminder.

Did insurance fix the car? Why didn't they replace the dash as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid the 500 deductible and was told the dash was going to be fixed but apparently the shop didn't replace it. I think the shop was thinking they could save money and buff it out but they didn't do that either. Thats the one thing not happy about. We did not pursue the damage from the injured girl but it was actually her fault for the whole accident by stupidly running out in front of a car. There was a bunch of friends with her who shouted NO and she ran anyways. These were the kids that reported to police that it was not my wifes fault.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The insurance needs to put you back in the position you were in before the accident - undamaged dash. They need to sort it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,810 Posts
Go to the body shop and request that they fix the dash. If they refuse get your insurance company to take over and get them to do it.

Sam

·
Premium Member
9,878 Posts
How does the dash look?
Seems like the only reason you want to replace the dash is because of a "Reminder".
Maybe it is better to keep it as a "Reminder" to be aware of stupid people doing stupid things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts