Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Hi Rick:

___When I read this the other day, I noticed they spoke of the AH having a higher final drive then the std. V6.
… but it certainly has more zest overall, even with taller ratios in the automatic gearbox.
___According to Hondanews.com, the AH’s Final Drive = 4.375 vs. the std. V6’s 4.428. The Fifth gear ratio of the AH = .530 vs. the std. V6’s .520. These numbers are for all intents and purposes equal with less then a 1% delta between engine RPM’s and wheels RPM’s between the two when multiplying Final and Fifth ratios. I was actually hoping for a bit more Delta actually.

___As you have pointed out, the Dyno plot shows IMA adding a significant amount of HP and Torque compared to the std. V6 and throughout the RPM range. Drivability has to have been improved somewhat given the way IMA is assisting at the 3,800 + RPM mark vs. the std. V6. Supposedly IMA is making up a nice chunk at just 840 RPM as well but the plot doesn’t show anything that far down … What bothers me and is proving itself to date is that the AH drivers are going to use their right foot just as they have in the past if not more so. If they don’t keep their foot off the go pedal to keep VCM invoked most of the time, this thing is just a heavier version of the V6 and from the tank over tank data posted over at Greenhybrid’s RHMDB to date, the FE is rather atrocious actually :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3u9u3nza][email protected][/email:3u9u3nza]

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yeah, I agree they deffinitely aren't going to be fuel misers. But I bet they sure would be fun to drive!

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Introducing the Accord hybrid in the middle of winter probably doesn't do wonders for the milleage. The Accord isn't really targetting the gas miser crowd either. Excel, I'd like to see what you could do with it on a long trip this summer. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts