Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Insight Base
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share this and perhaps help someone thinking of doing the same. I'm not attempting to create a audiophile level system, just to make my listening experience a little better.
First I have chosen BOSS TW15 tweeters , $15 on Amazon. And I guess for once I got lucky, the diameter of this tweeter fit perfectly in factory tweeter lid/cover , to
the point you could probably get away without even gluing them in , but I will use some epoxy as I think hot glue could easily melt being it sits in the sun and I live in Texas.
You will need to use a dremel or such to grind down what I call the "peace" symbol bracing so you can get the tweeter further into hole. And then glue them in place.
The tweeters come with an external crossover , well actually it's just a High Pass filter with a 3.3uf cap with an inductor to attenuate frequencies below 5K and you need to connect to wire harness coming out of your head unit, you can use either front or rear speakers, I am tapping into front speakers. Be sure to keep polarity straight. I have posted the color code chart for your easy reference to identify speakers.

Speakers
  • Right front speaker(+) — gray.
  • Right front speaker(-) — gray w/black stripe.
  • Left front speaker(+) — white.
  • Left front speaker(-) — white w/black stripe.
  • Right rear speaker(+) — purple.
  • Right rear speaker(-) — purple w/black stripe.
  • Left rear speaker(+) — green.
  • Left rear speaker(-) — green w/black stripe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m considering your tweeter mod — but how is listening/using the Boss units in practice? How do they sound when added to the system? Any electrical issues (ohm mismatch or overheating head unit; volume output mismatch compared to other speakers etc)?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’m considering your tweeter mod — but how is listening/using the Boss units in practice? How do they sound when added to the system? Any electrical issues (ohm mismatch or overheating head unit; volume output mismatch compared to other speakers etc)?
it's fine to piggyback on the main front speakers, as long it has the same ohm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts