Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello comrades, i write you from Soviet Russia, and i need your help comrades.
My headlights is dead, because of burnt reflector in low beam, and buying new Depo's is cheaper then repair original headlights, and i want to install US version headlights on EU Insight because of second marker light, but as far as I know that US Insights have no adjuster units in headlights, and i want to know is there any way to install adjuster in US headlights, maybe not the same as in EU version?

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
The U.S. version does have adjustments of headlight pointing. Might just look different.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
The U.S. version does have adjustments of headlight pointing. Might just look different.
Look at his last picture. It looks like the Euro model has a little screw motor stuck where the US adjustment screw goes for adjusting from inside the car.

I would be surprised if the actual plastic molding was different between the two, looks like they just tacked on the adjuster. But I'll leave it to someone else with a Euro insight to respond for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look at his last picture. It looks like the Euro model has a little screw motor stuck where the US adjustment screw goes for adjusting from inside the car.

I would be surprised if the actual plastic molding was different between the two, looks like they just tacked on the adjuster. But I'll leave it to someone else with a Euro insight to respond for sure.
I would be grateful if someone of you who have a lot of free time or have a broken headlight would have pulled out the adjusting bolt, and show me what is under it.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'm not sure if you have found the link to the ZE2 2nd generation Insight's Repair Manuals that are in English text for the USA and CANADA:http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/honda-insight-forum-2nd-gen-discussion/61922-download-2010-2011-insight-service-electrical-troubleshooting-manuals-pdf.html
The links are Viglink, so a big THANK YOU RUSSIA!
2010-2011 Honda Insight SM[1].pdf

2010-2011 Honda Insight ETM SM.pdf

If your car develops any codes, there is a spreadsheet with all honda codes listed online:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLUyuFXWywH0PIzTXYtT6UprBNkOtjnWh5PFKjDFylA/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true
It was an early version of the codes list in my signature line. Please feel free to download or copy the spreadsheets and modify it as you wish.

"С Рождеством"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts