Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 days ago I was driving uphill and the idle stop was working fine while I stopped at the light. when the light turned to green I depressed the clutch , shifted to 1st gear, had the right foot one the gas and released the parking brake . But engine won't start and car rolled back almost hit
someone on behine :( . u know why? I 'm a short guy, when the car is on uphill my leg is not enough to depress the clutch fully down so the car will not start. after home, I grabbed a 16mm wrench and crawled under the dash panel , loosen the lock nut on the clutch safety switch, turned the switch 4-5 turns forward, retighteened the lock nut. done.....
now ther is no need to fully depress the clutch all the way down to the floor, and changing gear is very smooth. :D :D :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Why not just move your seat up closer? I'm not being a wise-***. There's just something going on here that I don't understand.

I'd expect that if you adjust the neutral safety switch too far, you could put a lot of wear on the clutch and synchronizers by shifting gears with the clutch not quite fully disengaged. Likely, you know this and you know that you have not gone too far with this adjustment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know why it happens, but I guess it is some electrical connection. I have had the same problem on my 2000 Insight, and I usually just yank it out of gear and shove it back in quickly. The engine typically starts and I drive away. I never gave it much thought after that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts