Honda Insight Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Meanwhile I'll switch back to my unmodified MCM/BCM in hopes I can at least use some of the LTO power.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Okay got the modules swapped. No longer getting engine or IMA light.

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,580 Posts
P1568 has 3 possible causes:
70 = Something wrong with the PTC fooling resistor, possible cold solder joint, this is the resistor in the red wire. OR the connection to BCM isn't tight enough, maybe the pin isn't being grabbed properly.

67 = Same plug, but this time one of the thermistors is either wacky OR there's a loose connection.

66 = BCM fooler solder joint problem possibly. Car sees different voltage at one of the taps. This might also be a problem with the resistor soldered inside the BCM

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Swapping in the non-modified BCM and MCM fixed the problem. So I would think the fooler connections are OK. Probably the plugs (and plug tabs) to both modules are OK.

As above, I did not see Bull Dog's suggestion to pre-heat the CH pcb prior to soldering before I had already soldered mine last week. Had I seen his reply in time, I'd have grabbed my heat gun.

I could not get the old solder completely removed on the CH pcb, and it looks even worse now.

Next month I'll buy another CH pcb and this time, now that I have seen his suggestion, will use pre-heating method. I just wish I'd caught it in time or known that it needed pre-heating in advance. That is my lack of experience in soldering different types of plated through holes and not anyones fault.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
I would have swapped-out the modules one at a time to get more confidence as to which one is involved in the problem.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
My other BCM is modified for current hack. I could always remove that resistor, to rule out any other issues with that unit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I removed the 2019 Current Hack pcb from my original MCM, then installed the MCM in the car today. So far no error codes.

If this holds steady I'll remove the CH resistor from my original BCM, then install it to ensure there aren't any other lingering issues with the BCM or its connection pins.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
MCM is holding steady (after removing the 2019 CH pcb). Today I removed the 240R 1w .1% resistor from my current hack modified BCM, then installed the BCM in the car.

Only driven 5 miles or so, but so far so good - no error codes. Will plan to drive at least another 50 miles to make sure it is OK.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts