Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a table for the lift that the Insight generates at varying speeds? Or where I can find such info? Plenty available about the drag coefficient but I can't find anything on the lift.

Thanks,
--Ash

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've just been fantasizing about modding an Insight for endurance racing. :D

Rundown of thoughts:

tear the whole car down and remove all sound deadening and etc, lower weight even more if possible.

Lower the car and add flat paneling undernieth along with a under flow passage for downforce.

Using some CNC machined adapter plates replace the IMA motor with 2 new civic hybrid IMA motors. (~40hp instead of ~15hp) This would require altering the motor mounts but I think there is room.

Replace the NiMH pack with a Li-Ion pack in series with a couple Ultra-caps to better utilize the regen from previous mod.

Setup hydraulic "cam" to depress exhaust valves during brake+regen

Set rear suspension in so that wider performance tires will fit behind fender covers... alternately fabricate fender covers that bulge out a little for the tires.

Install MIMA with control buttons on steering wheel.

Put on helmet

Hope to god I didn't just spend $50,000 to build a car that the SCCA won't allow into any class :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said I'm mostly just fantasizing. But I like to be somewhat realistic about my fantasies, thus requesting the lift data.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts