Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find custom aftermarket headlights that'll fit the Insight? I'm in the middleof an extreme makeover and the factory ones are boring. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Reply - Spare parts

I bought a pair of headlight bulbs for the Insight. They are supposed to burn in a bright whitish blue range (I've yet to replace them). I went to E-bay and punched in all Honda Insight accessories and a variety of items come up (headlights / car covers / floor mats / seat covers / window glazing etc.) I've also ordered a custom fit car cover - extreme weather - sun/marine - waiting for it to arrive. :) There is also a company on Google that has various after market fog / off road lights for the Insight as well as racing accessories. Many other companies have other accessories. Punch in Honda Insight.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aftermarket company for the Insight

I've tried for 3 hours to find stuff, and I'm supposed to be resourceful! Can you narrow that company down for me?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Reply: Google search

I just punched in Honda Insight Accessories into Google and it is on the first page. The third company down: autoanything.com - There are plenty of others too. I don't know if I missed your question. Perhaps the company listed items for the Insight mistakenly but it says for the Honda Insight. The direct link is as follows:

http://www.autoanything.com/sg/car-acce ... index.aspx

Hope this does it for you. I hope I fully understood what you were searching for. :oops:

·
Registered
466 Posts
somehow i cant see a warn winch on the front of my insight. on my jeep, OK, but i think i would need stiffer springs on the honda. that site is a waste of time.

andy g.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Yes, I saw the off road parts that simply didn't make sense. But have you tried finding out about the headlights? They had things for the Insight in there. It may be a search engine listing improvement technique to list other things. You are interested in headlights. Do you mean the bulbs or the whole unit. Ones that don't fit flush? A different beam pattern? After market add ons with your headlights? Just a brighter bulb I got from E-bay. Personally, I like the headlights stock. I just wanted an opportunity to test the supposedly blueish-white light blubs when the originals burn out.

·
Registered
466 Posts
try a set of sylvania silverstars. mucho bright, very white.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Stole the words right off my keyboard HafNHaf :!: :p

These replacement bulbs are what I've "upgraded" to also. Available at any auto parts store, maybe even in the Wal-Mart auto section. ;) If your wanting a different "style" lens assembly then see Ricky's reply above.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Ohh, we're talking about head light blubs. Try the Silver Star's, they're better. If you want to get really crazy you can also drop ~$300 on real HID's.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lamps not bulbs

I'm in the middleof giving my Insight an extreme makeover and I'm actually looking for the headlamps to give it a different look. I will certainly check out autoanything.com Thanks!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
autoanything.com is worthless

The only thing I found was plastic covers for the lights, and they don't have very good reviews. I'll keep looking. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts