Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An oak limb fell on my 02 CVT in early October. It broke the windshield, back glass, and scratched or dented every part of the car. I found a great body shop, Mitchell's Collision, to repair it. I got my first look at the end product today, and it looks fantastic, as if it just rolled out of the showroom. My question is: since the car has been immobile for almost three months, is there anything I need to watch out for in regard to the battery pack? I think it lost its charge, because the shop couldn't start the car and replaced the regular battery in front.

·
Registered
99 Posts
After the 12 volt battery was replaced, the IMA battery was fine, right?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I don't know that yet. I haven't taken it for a test drive. It was fine before the oak limb incident.

·
Registered
102 Posts
tenn -

If your 12V battery was bad, then the car won't start, no matter how much charge is in the 144V battery pack. The electronics don't work without the initial 12V. Now that they replaced the 12V battery, the car should start, either with the 12V starter, or with the 144V motor. Once you're started, you will have to run it for a while to recal the "state of charge" meter. It will take several minutes for an already-charged battery pack, and could take a half-hour or more of driving for a discharged battery pack.
Also, after starting you can check the "check engine light" or other error lights.

There's something else to check - when they repainted, did they bake your battery pack? That's a no-no. :x

- Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts