Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have a 2012 es (European )spec insight, standard radio /cd etc but no bluetooth /nav, wondering if anyone here did the upgrade I want to do, sat nav isn't a must but bluetooth I need-trawled you tube ref same nothing on changing my current unit/to make matters worse I can't use the search engine on the forums for some reason when I hit the search box the key pad comes and goes immediately,anyway I'd really appreciate any information and thank you p.s. I had a Suzuki swift for a year between my old insight and current ,subscribed to the biggest Suzuki forum ,not good at all,unlike here

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
First, I think the owners of this and other forums like this are in the middle of some much needed upgrades, so there may be some issues right now.

As to changing out the audio unit, there are aftermarket plastic pieces that allow you to fit a standard audio units into the Insight. In fact, if you wanted a navigation unit, the factory piece from the NAV models fits a double din head unit. I can try to find some old threads and link them for you. I do remember a. Few folks from both Ireland & GB getting Japanese right hand models with the factory units and being able to change them out.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Go down to the modification and technical section and enter “head unit” into the search there.
Here is one thread:
https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-discussions/19598-2011-base-model-radio-replacement.html

There is also the “sticky” about removing the stock radio:

https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-discussions/16955-diy-how-remove-stock-radio.html

I just do not think you will be able to add Bluetooth to the stock radio without changing it out. In a different car I did use a clip on Bluetooth speakerphone that had a transmitter to play music on an unused radio station. It sort of worked for me. The main issue with that is remembering to turn it on every time. A head unit with built in Bluetooth will reconnect with your phone every time you start the car after first being paired.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
B tooth variant

That looks like a fantastic solution considering where the power outlet is on a 2nd gen Insight.
Agree bud, might have to bite the bullet in a while,whip out the stock and get Halfords to fit one of theirs ,not up to the electrical thing at all,ham fists/hands😀

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good thank you, FFS you'd think honda would have put bluetooth in ,I mean all or at least most cars after 2012 have it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts