Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed their exhaust or just their muffler? If so what kind of improvements did you get in performance and mpg. Is there a kit that you can order?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
There was some discussion of this previously (use search feature to look for it) but I believe the conclusion was that there is no existing kit for this. :(

Most of the people here are interested in fuel economy, and I bet that lots of them never get their engine running fast enough to use the VTEC feature. A different exhaust isn't going to help economy because at such slow engine speeds the existing exhaust is plenty big enough.

And by "performance" the discussion is whether to shift into fifth gear at 25 mph or 30 mph! :)

It would be nice to have a louder exhuast option, but I don't think there is one available as a kit. You can always have a cat-back made up by a muffler shop as a custom job...

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
I took my muffler off the car to make room for the 5th wheel.
I had a local shop make a bypass that comes out the back just where the original did. It is louder when at heavy throttle, but when you are getting over 75 MPG it is so quiet you cannot hear it. I like the louder sound, it is like audible MPG feedback. To keep it quiet, you need to take it easy on the throttle. With my lead foot, every bit helps.
;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts