Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

has anyone installed an aftermarket foglight? i just bought a 2010 lx model and having a fog light is a necessity for my commute since i drive from 120km at night. if anyone can point me out on how to install one to a 2010 insight that would be awesome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

has anyone installed an aftermarket foglight? i just bought a 2010 lx model and having a fog light is a necessity for my commute since i drive from 120km at night. if anyone can point me out on how to install one to a 2010 insight that would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Here is a video of how to install the factory accessory:

I got that from just Googling Honda Insight Fog Lights.
Do enter your location in your profile, where you are makes a difference in what might be available to you or what others have done in your country.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you talking about installing front or rear fog lights?

Here in the UK nearly all cars have front fog lights and all have rear fog lights (rear fog lights are mandatory in the UK).

Personally having owned many cars with front fog lights, I wouldn't waste my time and money retrofitting them to a car. They are useless for all practical purposes (some people think they look cool).

A rear fog light definitely has safety benefits and would be worth considering if not already fitted to your car........just remember to turn it off then you are out of the fog!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from toronto here, thanks for the info i actually bought the after market one foglight that ive read here on site aswell. I wanted to wire it with the t10 wiring located in the running/ highbeam.

Are you talking about installing front or rear fog lights?

Here in the UK nearly all cars have front fog lights and all have rear fog lights (rear fog lights are mandatory in the UK).

Personally having owned many cars with front fog lights, I wouldn't waste my time and money retrofitting them to a car. They are useless for all practical purposes (some people think they look cool).

A rear fog light definitely has safety benefits and would be worth considering if not already fitted to your car........just remember to turn it off then you are out of the fog!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
carid
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing