Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aftermarket parking sensor install and bluetooth

Installed aftermarket parking sensor to my Insight about 6 weeks ago, works great.
I got all 4 sensors painted when I sent my car for body work repair(some n00b van driver hit and run in front of my house)

First thing is remove the rear bumper:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
there are lots around marks, you need looking for 4 different marks.
I forgot take photo for them, the photos below show the incorrect marks which I used.
But they are about in the right position.
Drilling hole is very easy.

Clean the drilling hole and make it nicer

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Install sensors, simple push would do the job.
I install the controller box and speaker in side the car, so I drilled a hole in the mark rubber cover to let all cables go through.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just installed the controller box on the back of the cabin, speaker is on the side of controller box

I have used some waterproof sealing staff to seal the hole, make sure let power cable run through as well, because I'm going to use reverse light to power up the parking sensors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just installed the controller box on the back of the cabin, speaker is on the side of controller box

I have used some waterproof sealing staff to seal the hole, make sure let power cable run through as well, because I'm going to use reverse light to power up the parking sensors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
remove the rear light cluster, find the reverse light, peel reverse light power cable and join parking sensor power cables.
make sure seal them before put back.
I used hot melt stuff that left in my tool box to seal the connectors.
Looks bit ugly, but works fine so far and survived few heavy rain.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I have installed Parrot Mki9200 on my Inisght. You will need correct adapting loom to make it working.
You don't have to remove the radio to install Bluetooth.
By remove the glove box, you should be able to plug the bluetooth loom to the back of the raido.
Same for the USB port, you could do the same.
I have installed both bluetooth and usb to raido without remove raido.
Here is the photo:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found a perfect location for bluetooth box, rightside under glove box
Just about enough space for it

velcro tape to secure it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Looks like pro work. Nice.

No rear fog light to worry about in U.S. models. They're a great idea, but for the most part, drivers here would probably just leave in on all the time, like they do with their front fog lights, when there's no fog.

I've heard people say that they can see better with their fogs on all the time. I just shake my head and don't even bother explaining that a fog light is best used during foggy conditions, when you have to drastically reduce your speed just to see where the edge of the road actually is. That would be in dense fog.

Fog lights used in clear weather at 50 mph or more, will only brightly illuminate objects right in front of your bumper that will be run over in less than 2.1 seconds, leaving the driver no time to avoid it anyway.

And because the area right in front of the car's bumper is so well illuminated, it makes it even harder to see farther out with low beams on, so you're less likely to avoid hitting whatever might be out there.

There's a reason why they're called "fog lights".

Rant over.

Those back up sensors are quite useful, especially if you don't have a backup camera.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts