Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran by my local Honda dealership to pick up an air filter.... they wanted $34.50?!?!? Is the thing gilded?

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Honda parts are pretty expensive when you "stop into the dealer to pick one up". To save $ you need to plan ahead a little. For example, shop around and purchase maintenance items in advance, and have several on hand. Currently Majestic Honda (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com) sells the air filter for $18.57 and they may even be lower elswhere. I have about 8 filters in my parts collection, which I bought when they were only $13.50. Billy.....

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
And I'm wondering why you would buy parts at a Dealership? They are always overpriced. Either buy your Insight parts online or go with aftermarket at a parts store like Kragen or AutoZone.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Resist said:
And I'm wondering why you would buy parts at a Dealership? They are always overpriced. Either buy your Insight parts online or go with aftermarket at a parts store like Kragen or AutoZone.
K&N filter is around 30.00-40.00 and reuseable. :lol:

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Interestingly, when I got some coolant at the dealership is was cheap.

I guess not all dealers are out to rip people off.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah, I've found that it is worth while to call a few different stealership parts departments to get quotes instead of just showing up. One stealership wanted $25 for the shin etsu grease. I got it from a different one for $15.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts