Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 MT with 89000 mi. Recently it has been geting air in the cooling system. I have bled it according to the manual, and like clockwork at about 320 mi, it gets an air blockage causing me to loose heat first,then the temp will rise,but not overheat. There are no leaks that I can find.Any suggestions would be appreciated......

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,924 Posts
heating

Are you loseing coolant? Is the overflow bottle overfull after it overheats. Is the radiator warm to the touch or cold, etc.
How many bars are showing on the temp gauge?
Any coolant smell at the exhaust outlet.
Where are you located?
I wrote an extensive post about my LITTLE RED ROCKET's overheating and loss of coolant.
More info please.

Willie

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Willie, thanks for the reply. I read your post. Yes the coolant overflow does overfill, the radiator is warm but the hose to the thermostadt is cold. No loss in coolant. If you bring the rpms up the temp drops back to normal. As I said it has not overheated, only a rise on the guage to about 3/4.I spoke with a dealr and his responce was to try a cap, I did that with the same result.My brother thinks it might be the water pump taking in air through the bearing hole

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
barnum said:
My brother thinks it might be the water pump taking in air through the bearing hole
Not without also leaking _out_ through the same hole. ;)

So no external leaks :?: Check the overflow plumbing. Hose to the jug _and_ the siphon hose in the jug too. Other than that reads like a blown headgasket (small, combustion gasses accumulating causing air locking of the thermostat) or worse. :(

HTH! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts