Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another day another fix. So today I fixed a rattle that was coming from under my hood, it wasn't the hood or the engine, it was the airbox and hose rattling from the car at idle. I thought the 3 screws that held down the airbox were loose but I tried them and they were tight, turns out that the rubber spacers used were worn out so it was free to rattle away. Found the OEM part for 3.29 each plus 10 bucks for shipping...but i'm too cheap for that so I went to Lowe's. Found some washers and ended up putting 2 on each screw, one on top and one on the bottom of the plastic and it works beautifully! Only cost me a little over a dollar for them. Ended braking one of the tabs off as you can see in the picture, FYI make sure you remove the metal cylinder that runs through the original rubber spacers before removal.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Found the OEM part for 3.29 each plus 10 bucks for shipping.
Hard to believe there's no Honda dealer in a big city like Raleigh so you wouldn't pay shipping. When a part is only $3, not worth the trouble to fab something up, as you undoubtedly found out after breaking the tab.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I broke the tab because I didn't know I had to remove the metal from the rubber. If I got the proper parts I still would have found that out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts