Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I am having problems again with my Insight, Honda decided to change my computer again (yep second time). If it is not resolving the problem, they will change my Batteries(yep second time!).

My main concert is about my warranty that is about to finish. Honda dealer told me that if it is a computer problem, it will pass on warranty but if they need to change the battery again, I will pay them. I am kind of pissed off since the battery warranty is 8 years 130 000 km and I am at 153 000 km. Knowing that an insight in Quebec worth at best 5000$, I will scrap this car instead of replacing the battery.

I will be writing a letter to Honda Canada to tell them how I am desapointed about the overall fiability of the Insight so far.

I am writting this topic to have an evalution on the number of persons that had or have problem with their Insight.

As much I as love honda, I dont think that is it fair to leave their customer with tons of problems like mines.

Thanks a lot for you all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
battery/computer problems

Hi Fatp,

Look at the thread "loss of assist". I have the same problem as you, because if I really need a new controller and battery at 225k km, then I have no alternative but to scrap the car. I have had a wonderful love relationship with my Insight and no other car has ever cost less on repairs, but all good things come to an end and we sing "bye, bye, baby, goodbye". I will also write a letter to Honda (or my dealer will) and we will see what happens.
My problem is, that there is absolutely no replacement fot the Insight...
Civic IMA? no storage room, Prius? plenty of room but hideous. What follows? Where is the new generation of hybrids?

David

P.S. does anyone know what a battery costs?

·
Registered
476 Posts
a solution

check with car-parts.com I have replaced my battery with a used one and it's fine. Also, the prices have come down to about $1500 for a new one. If nothing else, buy a used one off Yahoo! Autos

·
Registered
476 Posts
installed maybe

It depends on the dealership. I have 2 dealerships that charge 50% different. Just keep calling and asking

·
Registered
476 Posts
battery price and location

Battery
Honda Insight -MOUNTS BEHIND SEATS ONLY 11K ON CAR 3056 $1500 East Street Automotive USA-TN(Memphis) Request_Quote 1-901-774-5374 Request_Insurance_Quote

I can't give you a labor price. Your dealer can only give you that. I hope this helps. Check with your dealer for a price on the part first, as I was told by Palm Harbor Honda in Palm Harbor, Florida can get it for only $1500 new. Good luck! I didn't mean to make anyone angry.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
No anger issues here. ;) :D

Just trying to eek out helpful information for the group :!:

So its a nearly new, used pack from a salvaged vehicle. Except for the age looks reasonable. Time on the clock costs battery life too.

Thanks for the update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts