Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Honda Insight 2011.

I took my car to a body shop, they removed the steering wheel to clean, we drove out of the body shop without problems. We stopped off at restaurant and noticed a continuous beeping sound after removing the key. It sounded like a no seat belt beeping sound. When went back to the car an hour later, we noticed that we could not open it with the electronic opener, there was no beeping sound for unlocking/locking the doors. We had to physically put key to the key slot to get in the car but it did not ignite, no honk sound, it was all black out and not cranking sound when tried to start. Also, the beeping sound from earlier was gone because no electronics seems to be working at all now. Can someone advise.

TL;DR: Steering wheel was removed for cleaning. Drove off fine. Parked and heard a continuous beeping sound. 1 hour later, all power did not work and don't ignite, needed to use physical key to open.

·
3,641 Posts
Can someone advise.

I would advise you to CALL the shop who did the work first, and ask them if they would like to tow it back, or if they would like you to drive it back to them. That way, if something deteriorates even more, they can't argue that you knew something was wrong and you continued to drive.
I think they plugged in something improperly. A lot of those clips under the dash and airbag connectors have strange spring loaded safety clips. That's my suspicion but I am no mechanic.
Please report back when you know.
HTH somewhat.

·
Super Moderator
4,728 Posts
Right. What does it matter what WE think? They obviously did something wrong and it killed your 12V battery. Make them fix it.

I've never heard of removing a steering wheel to clean it. That sounds pretty strange.

Sam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We replaced the battery and it worked. Determined that leaving the headlights on were the cause of the beeping and that drained the battery. Thanks for your replies.

·
3,641 Posts
Great! Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts