Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, a friend of my has a 2000 Insight and had a IMA and engine light.
Because the service check connector for the IMA system was impossible to find we are still guessing what the problem is. We did (by phone) the MCM reset and now the car won't start, the alternate starter is turning yes, but no light up. Before the reset the engine started with the alternate starter no broblems.
Where is the service check connector located, I used it one time but after the dash trim replacement I could'nt find it anymore as well is my friend he could'nt find it.
:?: Where de h*** is the IMA service connector located :?:
I have a shopmanual and it says it is there, but it is not :?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Have you tried looking here?

http://www.insightcentral.net/encyclopedia/enconnectors.html

The IMA service connector is the OBD II port, as far as I know.

Make sure that your 12 volt battery is fully charged, you may want to try jump starting your car.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kevin, sorry but this is not the one. There is also a 2 wired connector with must be shorted. After that you must turn ignition key and check how many long and short blinks of the IMA light or check engine light etc. blinks. The one you point is indeed the OBDII, I can't paste the picture from the digital manual, see chapter 12-4, how to check for dtc's.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
IIRC Keven is correct. But you must identify the "SCS" pin and the ground pin in the OBDII diagnostic connector. Connect the two and your in business. :)

But there is a +12v pin and also data pins in the same connector. The data pins (PCM) could be damaged should 12v or ground be applied to there :!: :oops:

HTH! :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, that is what we can try tommorow, (it is now 23.30/11.30pm) good idea, maybe I did that last year, I had then a dtc77 (battery detoriation) I totaly forgot how I found it out but it looks like I did it this way then, but where is the connector that is discribed in the manual like on this one for the civic http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl182e.htm is it the same for the Insight.
Update: car runs with alternate starter bu still no IMA (light is on) and MCM reset was now ok but no recharge of batt.pack.

·
Registered
922 Posts
If you have an IMA light take it to the dealer, you got issues brutha :cry:

otherwise...

1. read the "blink codes"
2. Pull the 12v battery ground cable for 5 minutes or so. Reconnect.
3. Jump start with good 12v battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts