Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. First question is where is a good ground in the "trunk" for an amp? I tried the small seat bottom right corner under the fabricate is two small screws, I tried the lower one and my amp didn't turn on :( . I have the rem wire running to my oem headunit fuse box and my radio comes on burnout my subs so I know rem wire is ok. Next question where would be a prime location to install an amp? I don't want it on my box. Then the seat has dips in it so idk if I could screw a amp to the seat but if u did let me know what is up.... Preferable with pics yes?

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
I used the ground near the hatch latch under that plastic piece. It just pops up wards.

I used a board for my amp, cap, fuses, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the struts on the sides where on the right side has your built in jack as well? I looked near where my hatch closes and I don't see any metal besides the actually latch. 2nd what do you mean by you used a board for your amp? Like you took a 2x4 and attached your amp on that? If so where do you put the 2x4 at? Just lying on top on the speakers or laying behind the speakers in between the seats?

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
No, no 2x4 unless you got a micro mini amp. :D I used part of a sheet of plywood. This was for display purposes as not many people amp or bass out a hybrid. If you pop the piece of trim off the hatch latch area at the rear of the car, there is a ground to the right of it with 3 large wires and a 10mm bolt. Open the rear to access the spare tire. Then grab the plastic piece covering the hatch and pull it back.

There are photos here of my setup, Ill need to search or research those myself to post.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
I just reinstalled my 10 farad cap, alpine m450 amp, kenwood shallow mount sub in a truck box. I reinstalled the seat backs and placed the stuff between the rear strut brace. I grounded it on a 14 mm bolt under the rear seat.

Now load up t pain's beam me up and feel things start vibrating. :D

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts