Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of connecting an old Clarion equalizer power booster 300EQB-3 that I had in storage. I will be running power directly from the 12V battery but I will need an alternate power source in order to turn it on with a relay. The alternate 12V power source will need to come from the radio harness, since I want the EQ power booster to turn-on when I turn-on the radio.
Does anyone know if the 2000 Insight has an amp turn-on wire or a power antenna wire within the radio harness?
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the CD Changer plug that is in the back of an OEM Radio?
Thanks in advance!
8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just hook it up to the 12V switched power. Now don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly certain that the wire you're looking for is going to be either yellow with a red stripe or white with a red stripe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to connect it to a 12V wire leaving the radio, since I want the amp to turn on when I turn on the radio. If I connect it to the 12V power source the amp will turn on as soon as I turn the ignition key to ACC.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
HappyCamper said:
<snip>

Now don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly certain that the wire you're looking for is going to be either yellow with a red stripe or white with a red stripe.
OOps :!: :twisted:

P.g. 22-99 of the Service Manual Yel/Red, pin #2 is ignition on power.

And make sure you don't leave any other wires un insulated. You can blow the gauge panel and knock out parking/dash/taillights if you short the right (wrong) wire to ground.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Insight radio harness has a BLUE cable that can be used for amp turn-on, sub-woofer turn-on or what ever stereo accessory you want to turn-on when you turn-on your radio.
Thanks anyways. 8)

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
My bad. :(

I misread your question.

Yup :!: You'd have to probe the "B" connector (Honda accessory connector for the optional CD changer) to see which was switched 12v with the radio on.

Sorry its not defined as "switched" 12v in the SM or the ETM. Nor is its load capacity.

So you'd better use a relay. ;)

Good find :!: :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts