Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a few sites that explain the process of installing an amplifier in the Insight (in particular, using Waylan's adapter plate, subwoofer, etc.) but I could't find alot of detail about the power lead that goes through the firewall.

From what I can tell there is a spot behind the glove box that is used most often, but all of the pictures are very close up and it's hard for me to see exactly where this is. Is there an existing hole/grommet/etc. that is used, or an extra one, or something else completely?

Maybe this will all become self-evident once I am looking at the inside of the car but I want to make sure I have everything I need before pulling the dash apart again.

Any information, or links to articles that cover this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes, there a grommet behind the glove box area that you can run the cable through. I used a piece of coat hanger tightly taped to the cable to guide it though the tight rubber and to locate it by feel behind the glove box/ductwork. Run it from the engine compartment into the cab.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I drilled a hole in the aluminum panel behind the seats and ran the power wire up the driveshaft tunnel to the engine compartment. It was so much easier than contorting myself and involved almost no screaming and cursing dealing with anything under the dash.

G

·
You could try to squeeze an additional wire thru the AC Drain Hose Hole in the firewall... I'm thinking that is what people are talking about. Either that or there is another hole higher up.

To see what I'm talking about, see the pictures on the 8th post at this thread
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... 28d7ad5955

As long as the wire wasn't too thick... I doubt it would affect the drainage. Probably want to make sure what you run thru there is on top of the hose... keep from obstructing the flow. Make sure you leave with that hose unkinked!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts