Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you enjoyed my earlier post with the Honda diesel engine advert, then you will likely enjoy this as well.

Make sure your sound is on and click in the bottom left room of the 'house' for the film.

http://www.honda.co.uk/frv

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Citrus Smoothie:

___I thought I read that this Honda will receive the 2.2 L iCDTi in the not to distant future? Maybe this info was for the UK based CRV? What a combo if it did!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:2ec36wfk][email protected][/email:2ec36wfk]

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Xcel, I believe you are right - both the CRV and FRV will be available with the super-duper Honda diesel engine from next spring.

Due to rising petrol prices, diesel engined new car sales have tripled over the last five years as people look to economise.

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1211/

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks for the link.....a very nice advert :D

It's NOT just the FR-V and CR-V that will get a diesel next year. The 2005/2006 Civic will ALSO fearure all new Honda-Engineered Diesels replacing the old Isuzus, I've heared.... :shock:

As I had my 166 in the workshop due to side-panel replacement, I've had the Accord diesel for the last week as a replacement. It's a very very nice drive:
You can engage cruise control at around 33 mph in 5th and accellerate up to 60 mph(or whatever) simply by touch of the button. WITHOUT shifting down a gear !!
Top speed was around 130 mph, and NOT loud doing so. The wind-noise was louder but still not going on ones nerves.
It's so refined and sophisticated, even my mate who has been working as a mechanic with VW for the last 15 years couldn't believe the smoothness and build quality of the engine/car.
I've driven it for around 800kms now and will miss it I guess :(

G

·
0 Posts
Hi No.166:

___And your real world fuel economy with her? Not when you are running her up at 130 mph but at 50 - 55 mph/80 - 88kph? I have a feeling she is good for 60 - 65 mpg (US gallons) out on the highway when driven like an Insight to its maximums and the ability to run her on B100 in the summer is all that much more enticing … Boy do I wish I could get my hands on one here in the states! If the 06 Civic does come with its own in-house Honda designed 1.3 - 1.7 L iCDTi, I can just imagine the FE in that thing when driven to its extremes.

___You Europeans have all the luck ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1n1xibu9][email protected][/email:1n1xibu9]

·
Registered
348 Posts
xcel said:
Hi No.166:

___

___You Europeans have all the luck ;)
I wouldn't put it that way simply because we don't have the Accord Hybrid.

Well as it wasn't filled up completely, and I don't need to fill her up again when I leave her with the dealer I couldn't tell you the mileage :roll:
I'd like to know myself to be honest.......
In a German Honda forum I'm in, the owners acheive around 5,8-7,0 litres per 100 kms. I dunno what that is in miles per gallon......

Honda-Germany managed to get something between 3,2 and 4,0 litres in a test but I don't know under what sort of circumstances they drove the two cars with :shock:

If you put in mind it's Hondas first Diesel, it's a hell of an engine.

Way cool, man 8)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Based on all of the talk about "morality" after our recent election, I wonder what kind of flap (if any) this commercial would generate if it ran here in the USA (for a car Honda actually sold here, obviously!).

I'm specifically talking about the order of "had Lola...and vowed to be together for ever".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts