Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 5-speed arrived a few days ago. I ordered it in March and it took exactly three months to get here. Serial number 388.

It was worth the wait! This is an amazing car! I was very nervous about the whole hypermiler thing and the problems some people have posted about getting less mileage than expected, etc. But my first full day of ownership I got over 70 MPG for the day, and over 80 on a trip to Denver. (That's downhill, only got a little over 60 on the way back up to Colorado Springs.) That's without any particular effort at all--just driving at the speed limit.

I can see how it would be possible to get over 80 mph in my driving environment, which is mostly on level roads with few stoplights and not too much congestion.

So if you're on the fence about this car (or hybrids in general, I guess), don't worry about whether you're smart enough to "make them work," because they work just fine!

Plus, they're cool! 8)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also...

Three people have mentioned to me how they hadn't seen this new model of Honda before... :lol:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Well, they probably haven't seen any Insights. In the 2+ months I've owned mine I've only seen 3 others, and I've been on the lookout more so than before. Interestingly enough, one of my neighbors I haven't met before recently turned up with one. Still need to go have a chat with him about it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
devin1955 said:
Well, they probably haven't seen any Insights. In the 2+ months I've owned mine I've only seen 3 others, and I've been on the lookout more so than before. Interestingly enough, one of my neighbors I haven't met before recently turned up with one. Still need to go have a chat with him about it.
I noticed 5 today.

I love California.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The other day I came out and there were 2 of my cars infront of a clients! what I find funny is that there are 2 on my block and "calpod" lives a short ways away.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Welcome to the "club" Dougie :D

If you think your MPG is good now, wait 'til the engine is well broken-in (a couple of thousand miles). And don't be disapointed with the normal winter MPG fall off. Can't be helped (much). But you'll probably want to try one of the hot intake air modifications when the time arrives.

HTH! :)

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
congratulations, Dougie; Did you get red, blue, or silver? Be sure to read your entire owners manual. Put more air in the tires if you want maximum mpg. Consider ordering the factory service manual if you desire to maintain it yourself. Mine is a red 2005, #114, here in the state of WA. I will be driving it down through UT, southwest CO, and NM on Sept 3rd & 4th, head for ABQ for a NM Lobos football game. Maybe we could meet up somewhere? Later, Billy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts