Honda Insight Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Count me in!

Last year, I was only two weeks into Insight ownership. Still had a blast trying to soak up some knowledge. The coolant burp lesson came in handy when seeing it in person.

This year, I can show up with some typical Insight shenanigans under my belt. I am down to help new and interested parties and lend a hand with the experienced folk if they'd like. Speaking of which, I can bring over some 3M 08578 for anyone needing to do a seam sealer repair considering I have plenty left over.

Product Hood Font Electric blue Tool

I also won't be completely lost when mudder explains how LiBCM works. Last year was a bit overwhelming for me since I barely knew how NiMH packs worked. :LOL:

·
Linsight Designer
3,904 Posts
Could this be used to create a dam around the molding clips to help prevent water ingress should sealant fail?
I achieved the same using QTY2 entire Lexel tubes underneath each molding... it'll never come off again, but it doesn't leak ;).

·
Registered
2000 Insight, manual. 187k miles, 48.1mpg
210 Posts
Can someone bring a good solid engine? I'd be up to doing an engine swap on my 2000 little nightmare :)

·
Registered
2000 Insight, manual. 187k miles, 48.1mpg
210 Posts
I’m not sure how much work people are wanting to do, but I have a 114k mile engine from a 2002 CVT car that ran.
Hm. Could that be mated to a normal transmission, or are they different cores?

·
Registered
2004 blue insight 5 speed manual
32 Posts
Hm. Could that be mated to a normal transmission, or are they different cores?
As far as I know everything is the same except the pistons. I believe the CVT has a slightly lower compression ratio by maybe a factor of .5? Someone in here will know that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am interested in attending this if it is not too late to sign up! I have never met another Insight owner in the flesh. I could also use some help with my trunk latch - it works only when you insert the key into the rear keyhole, but not when you pull on the latch itself. Thanks!
-Tristan

·
Registered
2001 CVT Insight “Cherry Bomb” 330K+
143 Posts
Wow. Guys. I desperately want to go to this. I need to put faces to all my peeps! 15 hour drive tho? Hmm… Well, I’ve never been on a road trip in the Cherry longer than 3 hours. Maybe it’s time 😎
Could you put me +1 as a maybe for now? 😁

·
Super Moderator
9,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
We would love to have you. You have become a celeb with your engine change saga, and you couldn't find a nicer meet to attend. Ya know meets are kinda disappearing, so there may not be many more chances;)

• Love
Reactions: CherryBomb

·
Linsight Designer
3,904 Posts
I am interested in attending this if it is not too late to sign up! I have never met another Insight owner in the flesh. I could also use some help with my trunk latch - it works only when you insert the key into the rear keyhole, but not when you pull on the latch itself. Thanks!
-Tristan
Are you gonna drive down from Alaska? That would easily clutch the distance record.

If you hear a whirring noise when you push the trunk latch button, search "Whirring trunk latch". If that's not it, search "wet seatbelt trunk latch".

Wow. Guys. I desperately want to go to this. I need to put faces to all my peeps! 15 hour drive tho? Hmm… Well, I’ve never been on a road trip in the Cherry longer than 3 hours. Maybe it’s time 😎
Could you put me +1 as a maybe for now? 😁
There are some awesome free campgrounds in West Virginia... and it's beautiful.
I'm always amazed when the California crew drives all the way to Madison, WI for ICF.

·
Super Moderator
9,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
-Tristan
Registration until 1 week before the event so you are fine. Does that mean you are coming? I've wrestled the hatch latch issue, as have other attending, but basically mudders refs are good ones. Hope to see you there.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts