Honda Insight Forum banner

Another 9005 LED Headlights thread

2K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  SmaRkieS 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, just bought a 2010 Insight, and installed me some new Highbeam/DRL LED lights. They work great, drove to VA from NY and back at night time and no issues. I did have the Check DRL error, which is no big deal, but I decided to finally by the CANBUS decoder/resistor. It cleared the error, but my only issue now is that I have to leave the dust cover open. Has anyone here found a way around this? And custom setup that looks nice and clean? Any photos or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! I'll share photos if you guys ask!

#11 ·
Bought my LED from here
SEALIGHT 9005 HB3 H8 H11 LED... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JNY3ZVZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

They come as a set with Hi beam and low beams for $70. As you can see from the pics, they're super bright. Idk of the photos came out the way they did because it was too dark out, or the LED were too bright. I did have to buy canbus for them for $20, they were advertised as new and updated. I haven't noticed them getting hot, so we will see what happens In the future. How did you guys deal with the DRL error? Great photos everyone. Let's post some more with details! (Price, links, etcc) I'm looking to install a duel usb port, but I want to keep my cigarette lighter too. Thinking of rigging something up in the center dash piece with he cigarette lighter is. Found something on Amazon for like $8, might give it a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.