Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
The Insight may be going out of production, but it's not going away.

I doubt the new model will exceed the efficiency of the 5 speed. Until another vehicle does, it will serve as a reminder to all designers of vehicles what can be achieved. Perhaps like an exceptional athelete it is best to retire while still world champion. ;)

·
Registered
566 Posts
"It was ugly" :?: I have had many comments about my Insight, but ugly has not been one of them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I found their talk about E85 interesting, too. Out here in California (as far as I know), I haven't been to any gasoline stations that provide ethanol. If they do, they sure don't advertise it!

When I go out to the Midwest to visit my boyfriend's family, I always see ethanol offered at the gas pumps. If automakers are going to produce more cars that are able to utilize ethanol, I sure hope ethanol will become more readily available across the nation. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
minako said:
I found their talk about E85 interesting, too. Out here in California (as far as I know), I haven't been to any gasoline stations that provide ethanol. If they do, they sure don't advertise it! :D
I know of one place selling E85 in San Diego (there may be others). It's an 'alternative fueling center' (part of some CA initiative, I believe) located at the I15 exit for El Cajon Blvd. They sell something like 6 different fuel mixtures (inc regular and diesel).

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 Insight.

I just took delivery of my new 2006. Took 16 weeks to get to me after ordering. THis is my 5th Insight.
Sure glad I ordered one back then. Nearly impossible now.
Kilowat

·
Registered
495 Posts
"It was ugly" :?: I have had many comments about my Insight, but ugly has not been one of them.
The closest I came to an "ugly" remark about the car was the other week when I was at the local dealer in Wilkes-Barre PA getting the computer in the car updated.

A fellow customer (who did NOT have an Insight) commented; "... it looks like something from a Woody Allen movie." When I advised him of the mileage I was getting with the Insight CVT, he stopped smiling. Sort of made me fell good to see the look of shock on his face.

Most folks who comment about the little car think it's "sharp" or "cool" or "sleek" looking. The style has already told them it's some sort of an advanced automobile.

Fred :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LoNOx 1 said:
CA seems to only have one public station at this time. There is a link to send a request for E85.
The one listed in California is the one I was referring to, Pearson Ford Fuels - I just didn't think they were currently the only place in CA :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts