Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone been lurking here for a while but I've finally made a purchase of a 2010 Insight.

It's an original Silver Irish/UK car with 150,000 kilometers on it (Circa 93,000 miles). I paid €4700 for it so I reckon its one of the cheapest insights in the country.. :)

My first impressions are its a nice car which although very slow is comfortable and fairly refined, nice to be back in a Honda after 6 years away. MPG is hovering around 54 imperial mpg after 1,000 kilometres running the tires at factory pressure so not too bad and I've been using the toys like the climate control and heated seats/mirrors etc. I tried Eco mode but cannot stand it, the car becomes near undrivable on Irish country roads with the lack of throttle response.

Service history is patchy to say the least. It appears to have got its oil changes and pollen filters etc but the type of oil in not stated and as it was not a Honda main dealer I doubt that it has 0W20 in it. No record of a CVT oil change. Is this essential at this point in time? Also I reckon I need new rear discs due to corrosion :rolleyes:

All in all though happy to be a member of the club :D

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
Service history is patchy to say the least. It appears to have got its oil changes and pollen filters etc but the type of oil in not stated and as it was not a Honda main dealer I doubt that it has 0W20 in it. No record of a CVT oil change. Is this essential at this point in time? Also I reckon I need new rear discs due to corrosion :rolleyes:

All in all though happy to be a member of the club :D
Welcome to the club.

I personally would change the CVT right away. They don't seem to like dirty fluid. The engine oil can be checked for quality by color on the dipstick, but I wouldn't wait long.

·
Registered
622 Posts
ditto get the cvt fluid changed ... this cvt reqs a fairly aggressive cvt fluid change regimen ... as for the rear brakes - change them only if u need to .... one benefit of a hybrid is that regen braking takes a lot of the wear off of the friction brakes consequently they last an abnormally long time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys i'll get right on this. Do you recommend a CVT filter change too and is it complicated to get at the filter? I consider myself pretty good at DIY so will do the CVT fluid change myself next week hopefully.

·
Registered
622 Posts
if u don't mind going thru the trouble of dropping the tranny pan you can change that filter ... there is also a little inline tranny filter under the front shroud below the radiator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
jcbesq
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing