Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this one new, 2003. first new car I've ever bought, thought I'd have it forever.
I loaned it to a buddy of mine recently, and he was involved in an accident tonight. Minus the broken leg, he walked away from it.

I'll probably keep the car, the motor and transmission work great. maybe I''ll rebuild it one day. It's two states away from me, so I have some things to figure out.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,518 Posts
That’s really a bummer. Hope your buddy heals well.

From the photo it appears the mechanicals could have taken a hard shot, some of the mounting areas could be broken off.

Scott

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dang that sucks you should try to somehow get it back on the road again... Obviously it looks very totaled but you know... anything is possible. And if you do a lot of the work yourself it can't be that much money to repair

I know It's just an inanimate object but I'm sure a lot of car obsessed people here understand that feel of losing a car :cry:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a shame. Don't want to pry but was there another vehicle involved?
Details are light, but my friend said the other driver was at fault and pulled out in front of him. The incident report hasn't been processed yet, so I don't have a complete picture of what happened. The accident took place in Indianapolis.

Contact me for front end radiator support,,that's your main damage,
Thanks, I'll start figuring out what I'm going to do once I get the car back in my possession. I have no idea where it's been towed to, and it's loaded with some nice car audio equipment that I really hope doesn't disappear.

bummer. :( Looks a mess.
Yup, and I'm nearly complete with my 2nd Lithium LTO pack which was destined for this car. It might end up on the for sale page here instead :(

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. Thankful that your friend made it out without life threatening injuries...

·
Linsight Designer
1,778 Posts
Sorry for your loss, Atheos. My buddy in Johnson City, TN is looking to sell his 112k MT silver with a "brand new" Honda IMA battery (still under warranty). If you're interested, he's looking to "keep it in the insight family"... the price is really low, because he just wants it gone. I did the 105k service on it and it's in really good shape. PM me if you're interested and I'll put y'all in touch. Note: I would buy this car if my wife would let me ;).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought this one new, 2003. first new car I've ever bought, thought I'd have it forever.
I loaned it to a buddy of mine recently, and he was involved in an accident tonight. Minus the broken leg, he walked away from it.

I'll probably keep the car, the motor and transmission work great. maybe I''ll rebuild it one day. It's two states away from me, so I have some things to figure out.
Man I just bought a totaled one on ebay for $400 with 4 brand new ties and a functional yellow stick hybrid battery, and I was thinking I could help you with some parts to rebuild that but they are both hit on the exact same location.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts