Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
For this fall/winter weather I'm going to look into organizing a Insight club meet with a Plant tour of a Honda assembly plant!
No they dont' make Insights in Ontario but we can see how other Hondas are made.

What do you think of that?

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Guillermo, a plant tour sounds like a great idea. Are you thinking of the plant in Alliston? Maybe we could inspire a few Honda employees to purchase Insights. :wink:

Kip

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool

Well it looks like there is some interest.. that's cool now the second thing is setting a date time for us to meet etc.. Guillermo that sounds cool what date do you have in mind...

Unfortunatly any other meets that have occured I've missed out on..

Opal I'm in Toronto however I'm not stuck on where we meet.

Dates times anyone?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Give me a week to figure it out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Get Together

G.
The tour of the Honda plant sounds like a great idea
and it it would be good to see you, Opal and Aaron
again.
Jerry

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
date

Well as much as I like the Honda plant thing... we can do that seperate, I'd just like to get together with some other insight owners and it doesn't have to be a big deal.

How does November 15 th sound to you all?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Allistion or bust!!

I think the Alliston idea is ideal. This would send a grassroots vote of support to Honda for taking the risk they did with making the Insight. If they are not making money they could at least get a thankyou! Besides, our Insights could jeer at the humongous Pilot SUV's made there. Risk is ... we might get beat up!!

If a suitable date is found, I'm in.

Roman

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nov. 15

aaron jerry opal and anyone and liam are you in? If so then we need a place to meet.. .. my suggestion is somewhere in the middle where are you guys located?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm available Nov.15 after I get my winter tires installed in the morning at Wheels Direct in Scarborough.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
So, there is no longer a tour? Any ideas on what to actually do? With the colder weather, outside activities are generally out of the picture.

Problem with having car meets this time of year is the cold and the wet. Difficult to admire and shine cars when it's raining.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The Honda Plant tour will happen but most likely it will be in January or February. I'm trying to contact a contact I got from someone... patience...

Nov. 15 will be good for a mini meet!
Hopefully it will snow that day so I try out my brand new winter tires and compare them to other member's OEM no season tires.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Um, so are we meeting up tomorrow or what?

It looks like I'll actually have my Insight back tonight (the Civic sedan the dealership loaned me - *shudder* - no comment) so I won't be the fool showing up claiming to drive an Insight while not having an Insight!

Given the lousy turn of weather, I'd suggest just meeting at a coffee shop or restaurant and chatting for a few hours.

We're spread out fairly thoroughly, so I'm not sure what location would be the most convenient for everyone.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Let's meet at a Williams coffee shop or something like that.
Someone search for one near the 401 in the Toronto area somewhere.

Let's make it 1 pm Saturday Nov. 15.
Is that ok for most?
(That way I can eat lunch there...)

Just gotta find a place...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Well, I have no idea where to meet in Toronto, since I don't live there.
Tomorrow I'll scope out and find a good convinient place in toronto, then maybe we could meet on a semi regular basis.

But it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts