Honda Insight Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
hello all

Hello Folks. Couldn't make it on Nov. 15....So if you guys did meet, I hope you had a good time and maybe we can arrange another time lol.. later

Roland

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Aaron - what do you think of the RX8? I quite like the look of it..

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I don't have a lot of experience with it, but my first impression was "where the hell is the torque?". The Renesis rotary definitly DOES NOT have the torque of the "old" 13B-REW (twin turbo). Reports also indicate that the engine is down on power from what Mazda quoted due to last minute emissions changes. Other then that, it looks like a nice car. I have a fundamental problem with "4 door sports cars", but it seems to pull it off nicely. Looks 1000x better in real life then in pictures, and the deep metallic red is absolutely stunning (almost as nice as my RX-7).

Time will tell how they hold up to the standard lack of care from most owners.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I read in a magazine that mazda was explaining that the RX-8 is more of sport tourer then a true sports car. They did not rule out that they will produce another RX-7 in new version of a true sports car.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have heard rumours of a new RX-7 as well...The biggest change will be the upgrade in engine size. They will extend the width of the rotors slightly to end up with a 1.4 litred to replace the 1.3 in use for the past 20 years. Good, but not great. I would much rather see a three rotor NA engine introduced....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts