Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys could recommend which antifreeze to use. I know we should use genuine Honda CVT fluid but what about antifreeze? The factory stuff looks like its yellow while the after market stuff looks green. Have been wanting to ask this for a while. If you get the genuine Honda stuff it's a lot more expensive that the store stuff. Does it make a difference?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx Pat for the reply. I was not so concerned about changing the fluid as I was about adding fluid. I am thinking I should bite the bullet and get a gallon of Honda fluid to have around. I always thought that one of the big 3 might have made their fluid, hence the question.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
JJ, Honda antifreeze is blue like a smurf. Yours is yellow? :confused:

Yes, I purchased a gallon as mines seems to use the quantity in the over flow bottle yearly.

I had an accident at 60k miles and new fluid plus radiator installed, both honda products. Well checking the fluid when I did the plugs at 100k I noticed rust in the fluid. I went ahead and flushed, replaced t stat and refilled. The new radiator had crap settled in the botton blocking the pet cock.

I buy either peak or prestone, which ever is on sale and mixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts