Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to buy one....after all the helpful info I got on my first post. (Thanks again :)

We have to trade in my boyfriend's Ford 350 XLT Super Duty ridiculous GAS GUZZLER van to be able to get an Insight. I live in Durango CO, small-ish town w/ little or no trade-in possibilities. So I need to find a dealer that is willing to trade for this in either Albuq NM, maybe Santa Fe, Denver or somewhere on the Front Range. We don't want to drive too far, only to hear the dealer tell us...."Sorry, we don't think we are interested in you Van after all." ...since it could be a several $100 trip with that gas-hog, depending on how far we have to go to find an Insight/trade. Of course I will try to get clear with them about this in advance....but there is always the possibility that could happen. So better it happen in Albuq (3.5 hours away) than L.A. (15 hours away!)

I spammed a bunch of sellers on AutoTrader, people that were trying to sell their similar year/models gas-guzzler vans to see if they were having any luck selling as individuals. And the replies were quite depressing. And those people were all in big cities, meaning potentially much larger interest. So I think we might have better luck finding a dealer that will trade...also since we live in a small population area. And not really near any big cities. I think even finding a dealer that is willing to take this van might be hard.

So if anyone here knows of a dealer in the 4 Corners area that has an Insight, I would be ever so grateful a head's up. I've spent hours and hours spamming several hundred dealers in the region, ...all to no avail at this point. Just keep getting the same old replies of..."those cars are hard to find." :roll:

I posted this in the Buy/Sell Forum too, but wanted to try here as well... saw a post about an Insight for sale today, in this section. Just starting to act out of desperation, I guess. My apologies for redundancy.
Thanks for any info,
Katrina

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Re: Any Dealers in the 4 Corners Region that will trade for

Clean Air said:
<snip>

I posted this in the Buy/Sell Forum too, but wanted to try here as well... saw a post about an Insight for sale today, in this section. Just starting to act out of desperation, I guess. My apologies for redundancy.
Thanks for any info,
Katrina
Hi Katrina,

Sorry but multiposting is strongly discouraged. And while the Buy / Sell forum would be the place to actually begin the purchase process my read is that you wanting leads. Any Buy / Sell leads will be the for sale posts already in that forum.

You'll get better notice in this group. So to try and be even handed in this department of rules enforcement your Buy / Sell post has been deleted.

Please don't take this personally. And I'm only posting this publically because of the repeated need for this type of moderator intervention. I'm trying to get the most coverage possible for other members to understand this restriction.

Thanks :!: And I'll be looking forward to reading about your Insight expereince after your purchase. :D

Sincerely,

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well, there is a slight possibility that depending on the age/condition/milage of the van (presuming it is in good condition and all). That a dealer might be willing to go straight up for the Insight. Admittedly I have no idea what condition your van is in, but those things are really expensive new, especially an E350!

I laugh whenever I think about those vans though, I don't know if yours is one of this line, but I know some ford vans are/were called "Econoline" vans. I would just like to know what is economical about them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts