Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on this site for nearly four years and don't recall any meets in the Pa, Md, Va, NJ, DC area. There seems to be a lot of members from the area. Anyone want to organize something or see if there is any interest?

·
Registered
702 Posts
how about CT? :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'd love a meet-up somewhere. um. being in NJ, the tour de sol is very convenient - but I'll drive anywhere.

·
Registered
224 Posts
There's no Tour de Sol event this year.
However, there are a few other "green vehicle" events.

21st Century Automotive Challenge – June 9-10 in NJ
(In association with the Burlington Environmental Fair that draws approx. 40,000 people. Burlington is in the Philadelphia region.)

Hybridfest - July 21 - 22 in WI (Madison)
(In association with the Dane County Fair.)

Altwheels Festival - September 28 - 29 in MA (Boston)
(This gets better every year.)

There should be at least a few Insights at each of these events.

·
Registered
702 Posts
nemystic said:
There's no Tour de Sol event this year.
21st Century Automotive Challenge – June 9-10 in NJ
(In association with the Burlington Environmental Fair that draws approx. 40,000 people. Burlington is in the Philadelphia region.)

Altwheels Festival - September 28 - 29 in MA (Boston)
(This gets better every year.)
i will hopefully be going to these two....they are close enough to me to be worth it

do you have a website, or more info for these?

·
Registered
224 Posts
A quick search turned up this link for the June event in Burlington, NJ.
Although I've never been to this before, I expect that the organizer, Oliver Perry, would be pleased to provide more detailed information if you contacted him.
http://www.bcit.cc/bcit/cwp/view.asp?A=3&Q=286933

Eric Powers has done a great job of publicizing Hybridfest in Madison, WI
http://www.hybridfest.com/

And, Allison Sander has also coordinated information about Altwheels on its website:
http://www.altwheels.org/

Although Philadelphia and central NJ are familiar terretory for me, it's not likely that I'd be able to attend the event in Burlington, NJ this year. I almost went to Hybridfest 2006 with a few other enthusiasts; but driving that distance seemed to me to be inconsistent with the prime objective/directive of reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
However, I have been to various events, mostly in New England (some organized by Prius enthusiasts) and all have been interesting, inspirational, informative, and worthwhile.
While this forum helps to keep the spirit of "Insight Nation" alive and well, gatherings can provide additional reinforcement for our commitments to the four wheeled, aluminum bodied "gifts from space" that most of us love and admire.

·
Registered
323 Posts
For anyone going to the Burlington, NJ event, are you going to go both days or one? I did promise Perry i would do the rally, but need to figure out my work schedule for that weekend.

ps. i have NEVER met another insight driver since i bought mine over a year ago :(

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just heard from Oliver Perry that the fee for the Drive to the Shore at the 21st century event will be $25, they are looking for people to sign up. I am going to be there. So if you want to meet me and race me, let me know. :) (i guess by race, not in speed, but mileage) I have a CVT, so i will be easy to beat.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Marigayle, if past events are any indication, you will meet some really fine people. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts