Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just went to NAPA to mix some of the paint for touch up:| first of all... the dude did it in coffee cup, then when I got home I figured the colour was no where near the paint on my car(way deeper). I noticed that the bottle they give me has a paint code of NH700M while my car has NH700MX on the door, should I go back to argue with them or just try a genuine touch up pen?
Sorry for this huge block of text, and thanks in advance for any replies

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The paint may look darker when wet (unless it is either white or pitch black - what color does your car have? ;)) so like gms24ru said; just try it out somewhere inconspicuous like the underside of the bumper or something other than the car itself and compare it when dry.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the tip, I was actually trying it between the doors where the paint code sits. Unfortunately I live in Canada so I guess I can't go to car quest and have to get my paint from a timhortons cup :(
Also I've found rust dots on top of the clear coat, they come off easily with a quick rub with cleaning wax and did not leave any marks, would you happend to have any idea on what are those? Thanks

·
3,641 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts