Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Very nice car Ati. And those seats are VERY COMFY! ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
That CR-Z looks to be in excellent condition. Very nice!

Just to add some info from another 2011 CR-Z owner's perspective, it's been an excellent car. We also have a 2010 Insight that's a delight to own as well.

My 2011 CR-Z is the CVT w/Navi. The car has been trouble-free. I purchased the car new on August 24th, 2010 (first day of availability in North America.) It has just shy of 80,000 miles on it now. This car has been pure pleasure to drive every time I get in it.

My fuel economy for the 2015 calendar year averaged 47.93 mpg.
So far in 2016, I'm showing an average of 49.57 mpg.

That's really quite good, though not in the original (awesome!) Insight league.

If anyone is thinking about a CR-Z and it fits your needs, it is one efficient, sporty, great handling little car.

If I had been in the market for a used 6-speed, I'd take a good look at the car posted above.

Hope I didn't intrude too much into atikovi's thread, but wanted to share my appreciation of the CR-Z.

·
3,641 Posts
+1 for more fun in 6 Speed. But in DC and LA traffic CVT is much more practical.
Plus, CVT was rated for higher MPG.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
+1 for more fun in 6 Speed. But in DC and LA traffic CVT is much more practical.
Plus, CVT was rated for higher MPG.
Any auto that says it gets better mpg than manual in the city is just an EPA test artifact for us efficient drivers. They use set shiftpoints in the test that simulate driving like the most fuel inefficient nub.

Shifting/driving for fuel efficiency will get you way bigger gains in a manual:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/shift-points-epa-testing-manual-transmissions-why-beating-27416.html

The big exception is torque converter locked highway cruising when the top manual gear is ridiculously short compared to the automatic (see the Honda Fit for the worst offender).

CVT highway vs manual is more of a wash because they give the CVT a taller ratio, but there's no way to lock it up like a torque converter.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I got a stick shift nissan. Its a 5 speed versa. In stop n roll traffic I shift between 3rd and 5th or 2nd and 4th depending on the range of speeds and idle it along. I can easily rake up mpg vs the insight. The insight you need to press on the accelerator due to its grade shift logic so the car does not runaway on you.

I drove both a cvt and stick crz. Liked the stick better, but it seems to top out at 35 mph then it was rpms from there on out and did not have a real defined power band.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
As always..... Beautiful car Ati.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's got to be one of the best documented Ebay auctions I've seen. Very clean car. Good luck with the sale. I wish I was in the market. I'd be taking a drive right now.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
These cars just do not bring the money they use to. Ive got a few offers of 2 grand for my gen 2, but Im not hurting for it. For 50 bucks you can put an ad on auto trader and kbb for the next year til it sells and no final fee like ebay.

Mean while I got my gen 2 in a nice shady part of my yard within reach of an electric cord to charge it up every so often. :evil:

·
Registered
67 Posts
CRZ dreaming...

Would trade you 2 or three Gen1 Insights for the CRZ (1x 2000 Citrus, 1x 2000 Silver) and MAYBE my 2004 Silver too....;-)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts