Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my battery is dead and I’ve given up trying to fix it but I must get across the country with the car full of stuff. Is this a terrible idea or will the car continue to be reliable and not leave me stranded with all my belongings? My codes are p0a7f And p1446. I’ve seen a lot of people saying it’s fine and then some people saying the car is not reliable? Just wanna see what the verdict is on here thanks so much for any advice

·
Registered
25 Posts
Make sure your particular car charges the 12V battery OK (battery light off when driving under 4000RPM). If that works then it will be reliable, but it will be slow. Like, be careful because it's kinda dangerous slow.
The DC-DC converter will kick out at 4000RPM. It will come back after your RPMs drop for a while but it means that while driving up a long hill in second at night your headlights and such will be a substantial drain on the electrical system. So, for the most part you are looking at being able to use only about 2/3 of the rated RPM of the motor in addition to not having the battery assist, call it 40 horsepower... Yep, you will get there... assuming nobody runs you over.
Best of luck with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts