Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I hope it was a Happy Thanksgiving for your Insights, for you, and for your loved ones ;-)

My beloved 2005 MT, which has been very solid mechanically for me (I am almost 4 years into my ownership, as the car's second owner).....has just suffered its 3rd Power Window Failure in the past 3 1/2 years. Twice with the right window, and now once with the left window.

Does the Insight have any known issue along this line? Could there be some other underlying electrical or alternator issue? I am not aware of anything else wrong with my car and my MPGs remain outstanding, and I'm picky about that. Any thoughts??

As always, any help mucho appreciated.

Robert

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,668 Posts
Robert

Please explain the failures.......... There have been a few with the switch sticking and slow movement on the up and down. NO repeaters that I know of.

HTH
Willie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going down, no problem. Going up is slower but sometimes almost normal, sometimes very VERY slow, sometimes won't go to the top at all, and stuck for a time with a partially opened window. 24 hours later was able to get it up all the way albeit slowly.
Summer 2010: right window diagnosed, motor failure. Still under warranty (Certified Pre-Owned) and replaced at no cost to me.
Late 2011, onward, symptoms gradually began to reappear, inconsistent but slower to put the window up, gradually worse and worse until I stopped using that window altogether.
2013 symptoms identical began to appear in the left window (never yet replaced to my knowledge), yesterday was the very first time that I simply could not raise the window altogether and in fact it caused me to turn around and come back home rather than park at the shopping mall that way. Today I was able to get that window all the way up but it was very slow.

·
Read Only
2,009 Posts
The window tracks should be lubricated periodically to make moving the window easier on the motor. Honda recommends Shin Etsu (sp?) grease. This is just silicone grease, so any other brand should work well enough. I use a Q-tip to apply this grease in the window channels with the window down. This has always improved the operation of my power windows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts