1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
vote 4 mawah
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I will park it between my AP1 S2000 and ZE1. Wished Honda would offer it in USA with a manual without Rev surge during upshifts. Unlike all their current manuals.

·
3,641 Posts
Hi Will, hope you are well!
Yes there are lots of MX5 fans on here. JimE used to race them (after MGs and BMWs).
I owned a 99 NB, and just sold it a couple of years ago.
I have an S660 Brochure from Japan and I love the car, but would like to have a bigger engine in it. A couple of years ago I test drive a Honda Beat at Carlisle, PA, and I concluded it would be hard for me to live with that small of an engine in the US.

·
Super Moderator
6,878 Posts
Great little cars - nearly bullet proof. I think the later cars look heavy and awkward compared to the early cars, 1999 or so, but maybe just my taste.

Raced a near stock 1600cc version for several years, before moving up to a lightly modified 1800cc version. Great fun until creeping old age and lack of reflexes forced me to stop.

Here on the east coast, the 1600 version is raced lowered with a spring and shock kit from Mazda. I could never really get the hang of that setup since there was only 1/2 inch of suspension before the bump stops - kinda like a go cart. Racing about as cheap as it gets!

Would love to have one in my driveway, but property tax, inspections, registrations and insurance just eat you up on multiple cars here in VA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a '91 Eunos Roadster (an import rebrand version of what we call the Mazda MX-5 down here) for about 8 years.

It was metallic silver, with updated ECU and 2" exhaust from the extractors back.

I loved it.

·
vote 4 mawah
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
redsim74 I just got the note that I had a post to my thread. It's always nice to have had - have a car that's loved. Thanks for posting from downunder and enjoy the winter down your way as much as we up this ways are trying to enjoy the summer.
Anyways, I knew there were at least a few members here that have talked about the Mazda
which the S6660 seems to look a little bit alike.

continued in next post.

·
vote 4 mawah
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
so many posts

Hey all (yous) guys/gals that posted above.
I finally found the Glen - Watkins Glen the day the porsche carrera team was running the track. So I couldn't take my suzuki out for a spin although I was able to watch the team as the cars made a few turns after the long straight then disappeared up the far hill and down the backside of the track. That is the first car I thought of as far a looks when I saw the S666 ad.

Jime I drove a spitfire back from FLA back in the late 60's - pouring rain all the way through GA and the Carolinas - so much so that the spray (if you can call it that) from the truck tires was like being inside a tubing wave in the ocean. An extremely weird driving experience to say the least. I was sure glad the spitfire top was tight. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts