Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This may or may not be considered sacrilege here on our InsightCentral.com, but has anyone heard any news as to whether Honda will be introducing a hybrid version of the Fit? It may be old news to some, but I have only heard slight inklings of the possibility. . .

Just wondering!

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Honda has maintained for some time that they are working on a dedicated small hybrid. They deny that it will be a hybridised Fit. That has not stopped the rumors which appear to be wishful thinking combined with referring to a source that refereed to another sourceetc.....so for those who haven’t followed the rumors:

2008 Honda Fit Hybrid to get Insight engine - Autoblog

Honda to Introduce Hybrid Fit in 2007, it's possible that the Fit hybrid will use the electric motor in a horsepower-increasing role, like in the hybrid Accords - Green Car Congress:

The buzz in Tokyo is that the Fit hybrid will be only about $1800 more expensive than the regular gas version - TreeHugger

Honda will put a hybrid version of its inexpensive Fit subcompact on sale in 2007. - Nihon Keizai Shimbun

2008 Honda Fit Hybrid to get Insight engine - Digg

Honda Fit Hybrid Coming in 2007? - DriversDrive

Honda Fit Hybrid: Mid-2007, Hybrid CR-V: Late 2006 - TreeHugger

Sources Say: No Honda CR-V Hybrid; Fit Version a Go - Jalopnik

No Hybrid Fit - CanadianDriver

Rumors flew about a hybrid Fit to replace the Honda Insight. Now it looks like Honda will focus on mini-SUVs or larger cars for their next hybrid. - HybridCars

and finally:

As we reported earlier this month, Honda is also producing a small, cheap, full hybrid model in 2009. And that car is definitely not the Fit. So, while some executives at Honda have been talking up the Fit hybrid, its future seems unclear. - autogeek-Tuesday, 22 May 2007

·
Registered
224 Posts
And, to add to the rumors:
In September of 2006, I spoke with someone who has inside connections with Honda.
I mentioned that I thought it was tragic that there were no longer any new hybrid electric vehicles available with manual shift.
Though sworn to secrecy about platform/body configuration, he mentioned that if Honda continued with the design he had seen in the early stages, I should not be disappointed with their next hybrid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts