Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a 2000 Insight this Friday that will need clutch work (5 speed manual). I'm OK with testing a dealership on a oil change. If they mess up an oil change, I can quickly solve that problem without a big expense (hopefully).

However, clutch work isn't cheap and I'd like to ask anyone on the forum for recommendations for a good (or great) Honda dealer near Cincinnati or Dayton, OH for Insight repair work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been very happy with Superior Honda on Spring Grove Avenue in Cincinnati (513-542-8000). I've never had clutch work done, but they have worked on several Hondas for me over the past 10+ years, and they take good care of me. However, during the first regular maintenance on my Insight a couple years ago, they adjusted the tire pressure for a regular car. So, now if they are touching the tires, I remind them that the Insight psi's are different. They replaced the IMA battery and control module (under warranty) last September.

·
Registered
136 Posts
mainecooncat1 said:
I'm buying a 2000 Insight this Friday that will need clutch work (5 speed manual). I'm OK with testing a dealership on a oil change. If they mess up an oil change, I can quickly solve that problem without a big expense (hopefully).

However, clutch work isn't cheap and I'd like to ask anyone on the forum for recommendations for a good (or great) Honda dealer near Cincinnati or Dayton, OH for Insight repair work.
Let me know what your experience is -- I'm in Lebanon too -- haven't seen you around though!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dunno how far you are from them, but I was driving
along I-80 and needed work done [a]. I called around
and found "The Honda Store" in Youngstown
(The Honda Store. 448 Boardman Canfield Rd Youngstown, OH 44512,
330-726-2300).

They were helpful, good, and babied my Insight
with TLC. They also didn't charge me for misc
bolts and screws...

[a] Miserable snowstorm on I-80. I cracked one