Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from my dealer that a new model may be out in August 2004 but nothing else? Is it the IMAS or the Insight 2, and does anyone have specs, pricing, etc???

Thanx!

145,000 miles and current averages 58.9 mpg!!!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Dealers usually don't know much. So most likely the new hybrid that the dealer has heard about is the Accord V6 hybrid that is scheduled to be released late summer or fall of 2004.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I sent an Email to the folks at Top Gear a couple of weeks back asking them for confirmation of the model change for 2005 but I have not heard back from them. So far they are the only ones who seem to have this information. There was a discussion of it here http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... 30&start=0 incase you haven't read it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
ANy word on the Insite 2???

Since we are all interested in knowing the future of the Insite can I make a suggestion that we owners/nonowners,enthuasiasts etc, E-Mail Honda en-mass, asking in our own words about the next version.
This would stand a better chance of a result than approaching individual dealers who seem to know nothing.
Does anyone have the Honda link? If Honda suddenly starts getting massive amounts of E-Mails on the subject they will have to respond or alternativly if they dont' just put out the word the Insite is to be axed and see what counter claim comes back.

DGate

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is no email for Honda

Besides, we don't want everyone to own one! What fun would THAT be?!?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Re: ANy word on the Insite 2???

Dgate said:
just put out the word the Insite is to be axed and see what counter claim comes back.
Honda has been ignoring persistent rumors of the Insight's axing/cancellation/demise for years.

·
Registered
89 Posts
new model

The new model (for the North American market) that Honda is probably coming out with for the '05 model year is expected to be the Fit, which is already sold in other markets for several years now. The Fit has been spotted in North America in testing in recent months. There are several stories about this in recent months on http://www.vtec.net/news

·
Registered
200 Posts
This week's Autoweek magazine reports that Honda will bring the Fit to the U.S. market, positioned below the Civic line of cars. I think they said it should be on sale sometime in calendar year '05, but no mention if it will be an '05 model year car or an '06.

·
Registered
334 Posts
This week's Autoweek magazine reports that Honda will bring the Fit to the U.S. market,
Oh! I can't wait for that. The Fit, Jazz in Europe, is a pretty nice little car. It has a lot of neat innovations. :)

Isn't the Insight 2 the same as last years model, with the interior color changes? It would be neat if it were a cross with the IMAS concept.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi All:

___It appears to have the HCH’s ICE w/out the electrics … I have been waiting for this for a long time! Fuel Economy isn’t near the Insight’s (probably very similar to the HCH however) and it should bring back affordability for those that cannot afford a new Civic or Accord Hybrid (maybe 50 mpg combined here in the US using EPA’s tests). I will definitely be looking at it for the wife as she sure as hell isn’t coming anywhere near EPA estimates in the Corolla LE unfortunately … for me that is :( Too bad they didn’t install a 1.0 - 1.3 L iCDTi from the Honda Wizards like the Accord Saloon’s new 2.2 which receives almost as much mileage as the much smaller Fit!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:fj5678b8][email protected][/email:fj5678b8]

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
dfiore said:
I heard from my dealer that a new model may be out in August 2004 but nothing else? Is it the IMAS or the Insight 2, and does anyone have specs, pricing, etc???
It won't be the Insight 2, that's for sure. Try and keep patient :!: until this Friday night when I have interrogated the Honda guys & gals at the motorshow and I should have some concrete information on the IMAS then.

Regarding the above Jazz, it is a great, reliable, little car (far better than other lumbering hulks around). However, I was not keen on the driving position of the Jazz and the quarterlight windows in the front doors - it felt like I was driving a van.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts