Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 40 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
They did a very nice job on the new Fiesta... now if they would just give us the start/stop option, and the ability to option the 1.0L model like you get to do over there across the Pond. I've been at ford.co.uk configurator a couple of times.

Ford's not playing fair.

·
Registered
623 Posts
although this is my first honda, i have long respected the brand, products, engineering, etc. ... with that being said, they seem to be teetering from gaffe to gaffe without any real consistent vision ... i'm waiting to see that fresh, innovative approach from them that led them to dominance in the late 80's thru the 90's but they seem hell bent on following their aging demographic into grocery getter oblivion ... i wouldnt hold my breath with them on anything soon .. they need a shakeup .. the surest way to fail in the market is to stand still ... honda needs an alan mullaly

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Well somebody must have had a problem with excessive oil consumption. Anybody care to share the common cause of this?
- Excessive heat makes oil evaporate (switch to thicker oil with lower volatility) and sludge on engine parts (ditto.... plus change to synthetic)
- Seals age and dry out (just change the oil more often to keep the seals well-lubricated)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
next year the 1.0l ecoboost will be available in the fiesta
Already released last year (fall). I drove one and "scored" 70mpg on the interstate. Not as good as the Insight G1 or G2, but still up there.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Plus hopefully we'll get start/stop and a more generous options list... especially on the 1.0L Fiesta.

Start stop will really help mpg when driving in cities.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
If its burning oil, you can use any. For that rate of consumption synthetic will just make it worse. 2 qts in 4k miles has to be a leak in addition to the rings. :biggrin:

·
Registered
831 Posts
If its burning oil, you can use any. For that rate of consumption synthetic will just make it worse. 2 qts in 4k miles has to be a leak in addition to the rings. :biggrin:
Or 4 each totally toasted rings!:(

Might want to try some of the "High Mileage" (many miles on the odo type, not MPG) oil to see if it cuts down the oil consumption.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,392 Posts
I agree with egads
2 quarts in 4K miles, it must be a "fogger.", and dripping out the exhaust pipe.

Willie

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
I dont believe it either as to why I mention a leak. At this point we need a video or its not happening. Just set your smart phone to record a video and position it behind the insight near the exhaust. Start car, rev engine a few times, then check video.

My geo metro burned a qt at 300 miles. Yeah, cold it smoked a blue haze for a few minutes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2012 I2 LX has 115000 miles and has been burning a little oil...I've always done all maintenance exactly when due, and just had the following done:

1.) Valves adjusted (By dealer)
2.) Coolant changed (By dealer)
3.) Oil and oil filter change (Did myself)...using Mobil 1 0-20 Synthetic and genuine Honda oil filters
4.) Changed out all 8x spark plugs with Bosch 9615 Iridiums (Did myself)

Going to watch and see if it continues...
Seems like I was only losing oil in hard accelerating and hill climbing situations for the most part...and it wasn't much. I drive about 1000x miles a week and it would just require me adding a little twice a week when I checked for both gas fill-ups...so it's not too bad I guess, just wish I didn't have to add any at all.

Any suggestions or advice appreciated :)

21 - 40 of 415 Posts