Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really sure why I thought it was a good idea, but I just picked up a pair of the factory upgrade speakers, and have found them to yield unreasonably poor sound. Has anyone else tried these 'premium' speakers and with better results. I'm finding really low volumes, and no highs what-so-ever.
I think I'm heading towards one of the various drop-in replacements that have been mentioned in IC.net forums instead, but just wondering if I have any grounds at all for a return. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
If it's not too late see if they'll let you take them back. The "upgrade" speakers are almost just as bad. I heard them in an Insight once (both front and rear, eww), they're bad. I then installed an aftermarket deck in this car and it made it somewhat better (remember junk in junk out). The deck itself puts out not so great sound and the speakers won't make great sound.

Aftermarket speakers will help some, but you really need a good deck and possibly amplifier to get better sound. You'd be amazed how much of a difference a new deck and set of speakers can make.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rick! The sound was so bad that I worried I just had a bad set, but looks like that's just the way they come. :) I'm thinking a new deck is probably the way to go.

On a (possibly) interesting side note... I didn't even realize the car had the disc changer until the 2nd day I had it-- the dealer who sold it to me didn't kinow it was there either. I was cleaning out the trunk, and happened upon it, and was really surprised to find it back there. It was really kind of a cool find. I hate to pull it out, but I guess a new deck warrants a new disc changer too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got a new Eclipse (4440) cassette deck for $55 (on ebay) also an Eclipse CD changer (5083) to put in the back ($90).

Sold the OEM deck for $150 - almost a wash.

With the addition of Eclipse speakers up front there are new good sounds. With a LARGE amp I could play some hiphop and make that little car skip down the street. **OMP POMP OMPA PUMP POMP BUMP**

I'm old enough not to have to worry if I will be deaf when I grow up. :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.