Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has an unlimited Carfax account and could run a number for me? It is JHMZE13731T000368. Maybe we could start a co-op for this type of sharing. See ya

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Carfax results

This hatchback has had 1 owner in Texas. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.

It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.

It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.

It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 10,855 miles per year, which is lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 01/18/2003, was 22,787 miles.

It was not reported to a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).

Its basic warranty has expired. You may want to discuss an extended warranty with your dealer.

Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My orignal post in this section is pretty old. I was wondering if anybody out there had an unlimited Carfax account that is current and could run a VIN for me? I know I am being cheap, but I never foget a favor. So if there is anybody out there, it is JHMZE13751T001604. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The story of this 2001 HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE13751T001604) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This hatchback has had 1 owner in Wisconsin. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 03/07/2002, was 5,000 miles.
CARFAX estimates it has 1 months or 31,000 miles remaining on the basic warranty. The basic warranty provides bumper-to-bumper coverage.
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

·
Registered
16 Posts
From the detailed section it seems it failed an emissions inspection. Ask about what engine repairs were done to make it pass. Here is the detailed list.
Kent

CARFAX searched more than 2.7 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 5 record(s) for this 2001 HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE13751T001604).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

04/01/2001 Wisconsin
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Milwaukee, WI
Registered as
personal vehicle

04/10/2001 65 Wisconsin
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Milwaukee, WI
Odometer reading reported for title

04/11/2001 Wisconsin
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Milwaukee, WI
Title #01101RED01
Title or registration issued
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported

03/07/2002 5,000 Wisconsin
Inspection Station
Failed emissions inspection

03/26/2002 Wisconsin
Inspection Station
Passed emissions inspection

Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Detailed Vehicle History Definitions:

Failed Emissions Inspection
The emissions check performed during a vehicle inspection indicated the vehicle was emitting more than allowable emissions standards and/or had missing or modified parts. Repeated failed emissions records can indicate engine problems and CARFAX recommends you have the vehicle inspected.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Run a VIN please

I am an Arkansas wanna-be who can't seem to find a 2000 Insight in my region. Can someone run this Bay City, MI model for me?

JHMZE1350YT004001

Your help is much appreciated.

Jennifer Eubank
Hot Springs, AR

·
Registered
16 Posts
The story of this 2000 HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE1350YT004001) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This hatchback has had 1 owner in Michigan. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 02/01/2001, was 114 miles.
Its basic warranty has expired. You may want to discuss an extended warranty with your dealer.

CARFAX searched more than 2.7 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 2 record(s) for this 2000 HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE1350YT004001).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

02/01/2001 Michigan
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mio, MI
Registered as
personal vehicle

02/01/2001 114 Michigan
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mio, MI
Title #296M0320585
First owner reported

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot Kedge. I wonder if Insights ever "fail" emissions tests becaue they dont know how to classify them at the testing center? I guess this should be in the technical section, but does anybody have experiece with that happening? Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks, kedge, for the quick reply. This one may be the one for me (unless someone reads this post and gets the jump on me! The owner put 60,000 miles on it since February 2001. I'd prefer one not so high in mileage, but hey, it's a Honda. I was a happy Accord EX owner from 1994-2004 when I traded in for an Acura. Yes, Acura is a nice car, but I still miss my Accord. I have followed the Insight since its inception and am finally in a position to get it as a commuter car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kedge, run another one for me, please? Would it be possible to e-mail you privately with some more numbers? I hesitate to irritate everyone else with my list of VINs.

JHMZE14771T002204

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here you go. You could email me if you want, but I think some people like seeing the reports.
Kent

The story of this 2001 HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE14771T002204) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This hatchback has had 2 owners and was owned in Texas. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 3,435 miles per year, which is lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 01/12/2004, was 8,710 miles.
CARFAX estimates it has 3 months or 27,290 miles remaining on the basic warranty. The basic warranty provides bumper-to-bumper coverage.

CARFAX searched more than 2.7 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 3 record(s) for this 2001 HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE14771T002204).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

07/01/2001 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
New Braunfels, TX
Registered as
personal vehicle

07/20/2001 11 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
New Braunfels, TX
Title #09410137080091146
Title issued
Registration issued
First owner reported
Correction to record

01/12/2004 8,710 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Round Rock, TX
Title #24610337989153010
Title issued
New owner reported

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kedge - how about this one? I am zeroing in and ready to buy!!

JHMZE14791T002382

·
Registered
16 Posts
The story of this 2001 HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE14791T002382) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This hatchback has had 2 owners and was owned in Indiana and Virginia. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 26,233 miles per year, which is higher than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 03/04/2004, was 44,781 miles.
Its basic warranty has expired.
Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

06/20/2002 Indiana
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Columbus, IN
Registered as
personal vehicle

07/24/2002 Indiana
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Columbus, IN
Title #02239141090
Title issued
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported

03/04/2004 44,781 Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Ashburn, VA
New owner reported

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like the sound of the one you just did. I was holding out for a 2000 manual green one, but it may end up being the one you just ran for me.

How about this one?
JHMZE1378YT002143

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will thank kedge publicly because I can't figure out how to do it privately! He looked up all these cars for me, and it will be such a big help in choosing a car... thanks again, kedge.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts