Honda Insight Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Kedge,
After I supplied a bunch of carfax reports for members, I am now in need of one myself.
Do you still have access? If so, can you run:
jhmze1359yt003882
You can post the text here or PM me.
Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry, I missed your post. here you go.

The story of this 2000 HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE1359YT003882) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This hatchback has had 1 owner in New Jersey. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.
It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 41,559 miles per year, which is higher than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 03/17/2004, was 101,000 miles.
It was not reported to a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Its basic warranty has expired.
HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE1359YT003882).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

10/12/2001 New Jersey
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Buena, NJ
Registered as
personal vehicle

10/12/2001 New Jersey
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Buena, NJ
Title #WT20012850391
Title issued
First owner reported

03/17/2004 101,000 Auto Auction
Sold at auction
in Eastern Region
Listed as
a dealer vehicle

04/07/2004 CARFAX AdvisorTM Be sure to buy this vehicle from a licensed dealer.

A curbstoner is a person who purchases vehicles at volumes that require a dealer license and then poses as a private seller to sell to unsuspecting buyers for a large profit. Curbstoning is illegal in most States.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Thanks for the info! This was an ebay insight that just sold. They apparently swapped out the diital display. The current display had 3x,xxx miles with a ~32 lifetime miles per gallon readout.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Can someone run this VIN?

JHMZE13772T001928

Thanks,
-Bob

Here's the info...

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 2002 HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE13772T001928). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 2002 HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE13772T001928) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This hatchback has had 1 owner in North Carolina. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 3,745 miles per year, which is lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 04/09/2004, was 5,777 miles.
CARFAX estimates it has 18 months or 30,223 miles remaining on the basic warranty. The basic warranty provides bumper-to-bumper coverage.

CARFAX searched more than 2.7 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 4 record(s) for this 2002 HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE13772T001928).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

09/24/2002 North Carolina
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Norwood, NC
Registered as
personal vehicle

09/12/2003 North Carolina
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Norwood, NC
Title #778344032555909
Title issued
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported

02/19/2004 North Carolina
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Norwood, NC
Title #772281040507909
Title issued
Loan or lien reported

04/09/2004 5,777 Dealer Inventory
Springfield, VA
Vehicle offered

·
Registered
29 Posts
Unfortunately I no longer have the CarFax service available. I can not recommend getting a CarFax report enough though if you're buying a used car. It saved me from two different problem Insights when I was looking for mine. The small amount of money is definitely worth it for a $10K+ car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good News!

Nick,

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 2003 HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE14753T000020). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 2003 HONDA INSIGHT (JHMZE14753T000020) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This hatchback has had 2 owners and was owned in Florida. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 03/17/2004, was 16,376 miles.
CARFAX estimates it has 27 months or 19,624 miles remaining on the basic warranty. The basic warranty provides bumper-to-bumper coverage.
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary
1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 2 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Originally Registered as a Personal Vehicle
5. RECALL CHECK
HONDA Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX
6. WARRANTY CHECK
27 Months or 19,624 Miles Remaining on the Basic Warranty
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 7 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Year/Make/Model: 2003 HONDA INSIGHT

Body Style: HATCHBACK 2 DR
Engine: 1.0L L4 VTEC AND ELEC
Fuel: GAS AND ELECTRIC HYBRID
Driveline: FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: JAPAN
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel

I coincidentally spent most of my life in pittsburgh. I'm going to visit my parents there in June and I was going to try to talk my mom into buying an insight or prius.
Enjoy.
Joanna

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.