Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone else here unhappy with the speed of the wipers?

the front is not too bad, because it is variable to a point, but dont you think a 2000+ year model car would at least have a variable intermittent setting? i mean, my '92 mazda had it better

plus...the ONE setting we get for our rear wiper is rediculously too fast for any real continuous use...

so does anyone know any way to change the speed, like is it the same type of setup as the speed of blinkers, where all it would take is a different resistor? or is it something more complex?

·
Registered
84 Posts
It is lame that there is only 1 intermittent setting for the front wipers, often I find myself just giving the wipers a bump, instead of using the setting. As far as the rear wipers goes, I've never found a need to run them full time on any car, just use it to clear the rear shield, when it's been sitting in the rain, and maybe once while in travel. So it's not an issue with me.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on my old car...the rear wiper only had one setting, but when you first turned it on, it would run back and forth quickly for about 5 wipes, then it would run about every 10 or 15 seconds...which was perfect, i used it alot when driving around town at low speed and stop and go, it kept my rear windshield clear under most circumstances, which is nice if you need to quickly look out back for whatever reason...also it would be nice when you first get on the highway, as all the water from the roof and windshield runs down the back window...

but, then again...im a little crazy with keeping my windshields clean...haha

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i actually went out and bought a bottle of rain-x wiper fluid...wish i had done it a week earlier, as im sure most of you in the US heard about the huge storms up here in the north east over the last few days

·
Registered
741 Posts
ikhoudvanu199 said:
is anyone else here unhappy with the speed of the wipers?
YES!!!!!!!!!! The speed on the front wiper, even on the fast setting, is ridiculously slow and completely worthless when raining. I feel like I'm driving blind.

I don't know why Honda skimped on the wiper motor. It doesn't run on gas. Putting a "normal" wiper motor with a fast speed would not have impacted the MPG.

·
Registered
323 Posts
hmmm. this is my 4th honda and all had that type of wiper speed. It is either too slow or too fast. I totally agree. If anyone can remedy this, that would be great! :) :) :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
merigayle said:
hmmm. this is my 4th honda and all had that type of wiper speed. It is either too slow or too fast.
I don't think you can accuse the insight of being "too fast". Even on the fast setting, the wiper moves slower than my Dodge Avenger's slow setting.

Insight's fast < Dodge's slow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts